Apex Temple Associate
Bukola was admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 2005 having obtained her LLB in 2003 from Cardiff University, Wales. She is a holder of Master degree (LLM) in Energy law and policies from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, 2008. She is well respected for her in-depth knowledge and experience in the practice of law proven over the years and this has seen her work with high profile clients and foreign clients. In the course of her career, Bukola has worked on a number of sizeable of transactions in various fields Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Corporate Commercial, Debt Recovery, Private Client to name but a few; participating in advising, drafting and reviewing contracts in relation to same.
Bukola is also quite knowledgeable in corporate and commercial transactions and has participated in advising and reviewing contacts and conducting due diligence in relation to same. Over the years, she has garnered considerable knowledge advising on corporate finance transactions including corporate structuring. Bukola, who is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, is also an occasional author with notable publications to her credit.
Bukola has a sound understanding of intricate and complex legal issues in her chosen areas of practice; with her extensive knowledge of law she has worked on multi-million naira transactions including:
- Advising an International Company on an acquisition transaction to the tune of N550 Million Naira
- Counsel to a financial institution on brief to recover the sum of N 85 Million. Obtained judgment in favour of the client and also instituted Garnishee proceeding in the matter to recover judgment.
- Debt and loan recovery agent for the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON);
- Advising and review of an EPC Contract of a Refinery to the tune of $73 Million Dollars
- Advising on the negotiation agreement between the National Oil Company and an International Oil Company on a Crude Oil Swap Agreement;
- Counsel for an international Law Firm on various transactions carried out in Nigeria, furnishing the Firm with constant update of the laws, policies and regulations governing the Oil & Gas industry;
- Proffering legal advice and opinion to international companies and foreigners on doing business in Nigeria