Life Insurance Council
CA. V. Manickam, a Chartered Accountant by qualification, is serving as Secretary of Life Insurance Council after his retirement from the services of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC of India). He has put in around 3 decades of service in Life Insurance Corporation of India in various capacities, the notable ones being;
1. Managing Director and CEO, LIC Pension Fund, Mumbai;
2. Executive Director (Investment Monitoring & Accounting) Central Office, Mumbai;
3. Additional Executive Director (Investment);
4. Chief (Investment)
5. Secretary (Investment);
6. Divisional Manager I/C, Vellore Division and Sr. Div. Manager, Chennai Division I &II;
7. 15 years, - Middle and junior management positions;
8. He started his career in Life Insurance Corporation of India in Nagpur in 1983; and
9. Practiced as a Chartered Accountant in Chennai prior to joining LIC of India.
While in LIC of India, he represented the organisation on the Boards of IDBI Trusteeship Services Ltd, Tidel Park Ltd, EID Parry (India) Ltd. and The India Cements Ltd. He was in various committees set up by IRDAI, PFRDA and ICAI.
Presently, he is independent Director on the Board of EID Parry Limited, The India Cements Limited, India Cements Capital Limited, ICL Financial Services Limited, Trinetra Cement Limited, Trishul Concrete Products Limited, Additional Director -BFSI SSC, Outside Financial Expert on the Investment Board of Postal Life Insurance.
He is representing the Council in various Committees/Sub-Groups set up by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and IRDAI.